Pages

Monday 25 March 2013

Commitment and Non-Scale Victories



I needed this quote this weekend. It's been a pretty rough past two weeks when it has come to sticking to my goals. I kind of fell off the wagon when it came to diet and exercise. I needed to fully recommit myself.



I had an aha moment on Saturday when I was getting dressed for a friends Birthday dinner. I put on a dress that has always fit and well it didn't fit anymore. I could gather handfuls of fabric on either side of my waist!

For the record the black dress with the cream feathers is the dress in question.
I was so stoked! But then again I wasn't because what the hell was I supposed to wear to dinner? And looking into the future what was I supposed to wear to that wedding in May? I eventually found something for the dinner at least.

That dress being too big was a sign. I think I needed to see all those early mornings on the Pilates mega-former, running on the dreadmill, and all those meals I've been cooking at home have paid off. As all those bloggers I've been reading mentioned a Non-Scale Victory (NSV). So the numbers on the scale haven't been moving (which has caused me major frustration) but apparently all that hard work actually have been paying off. So I am officially back on the bandwagon.

I'm totally trying to take advantage of running outside right now because if you have ever been in South Louisiana in the summer you will know that it gets so hot you think you are in Hell some days! I live pretty close to the LSU Lakes here in Baton Rouge and Sunday I took off for a run because it was just an amazing day outside. Cool Breeze and Gorgeous Sunshine made for what turned out to be a pretty good run. (So if you step out of my door and head for the lakes it is exactly 3.1 miles round trip.) I've never been able to complete the loop without stopping. Well Sat I did it! I ran the whole thing without stopping (I'm not counting when I ran in place because I thought a crazy man was going to grab me and pull me in his truck. Pretty sure that put my heart rate into overdrive anyway). I just kept telling myself just get to that stop sign, just make it to the golf course, just make it to the tennis courts, till eventually I just made it to my front door. It was such a great feeling and I even ran my fastest mile ever. Go Me! I even powered thru a side crap that I thought was going to have me doubled over in pain.

Just a picture from my Sunday run. It's always so pretty.


So that is where I am right now. Stuck at 155lbs (been there for a month and a half) but cherishing the Non-Scale Victories and the amazing weather while I can. Hope you guys had an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment